Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My very first mother's day with Brock :)
This is Joe's mom and Brock's Grandma--I would say that she is quite smitten by him :)
This is Joe's grandma and Brock's Great-Grandma. She makes the best food in Arkansas!
I know I'm a day late in posting the Mother's Day pics but we weren't home very much yesterday and I had a sort of emotionally draining day! But, I'm better now and back to my normal self! I was released from my calling in young womens yesterday. The President was released so I in turn was also released. So I was pretty emotional about that, and then sitting in sacrament looking at Joe's mom hold Brock I just started to think about my Mother and how literally I would've given anything to have her sitting right beside me holding my precious baby. When I was younger and watched my Mother hold countless babies over the years I never imagined that she wouldn't be around to hold mine. Anyways, I managed to hold back the tears until I opened my hymn book to sing the closing song and it was "God Be With You 'Till We Meet Again", I mean come on!! That song was sang at both my mom and dad's funerals and that's when the tears started flowing. Then we had to go Y.W. and say our goodbyes and as I looked at all the sweet girls that have touched my life in ways they won't ever know I started to cry all over again! I don't even know why I wore makeup! But anyways, after church I had a pretty good end to the day. I got two dozen roses from Joe and the movie Juno. I love that movie! Also, Joe did the dishes and I didn't even have to ask him!!! I wish he would do that more often :)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your Mom! I am sure she would have given anything to hold your babies...and I bet that she has in heaven! I am also positive that she and your daughter were with you on your first Mother's Day with your beautiful baby boy.
Happy Mother's Day!

gigi said...

Love this post and sorry for your tears. Julie may not be here holding Brock but I'm just sure she's holding some of your babies if not all of them. She was such a good mother for you and Tim and a good example to all of us. Love you all.

Unknown said...

You are a great mom. I think that some people were born to be mothers and some were not...but you definetley were. You are amazing.

Clare said...

Thundercats, GO! That's going to be the code when I have a baby...just like in Juno :) Sorry I missed you today, but can't wait to get together later! Loves!

Our Happy Family said...

Hey girl, I love your blog!!!!! Way to cute. My blog is ourfamilytree03.blogspot.com

Buffie

Sandman said...

I thought about you Sunday and wondered how you were doing. I figured your emotions would be going several ways ... then to be released too? ... ugh! I echo the others, I'm sure your Mom and Dad have spent time with Brock. I'm glad your day got better. I don't know how it couldn't have with Brock around.

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful post...and now I'm crying at work. They probably think I'm a huge baby.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful out-pouring of love.

You are one elegant lady and a beauiful mom.

If you weren't you couldn't blame it on example, because you had the perfect example to follow.

AAAND enjoy the break from your calling, for usually there is something waiting in the wings that will blow your mind and require you to grow, grow, grow.

I am so blessed to have you as my niece and I love you dearly!

Hugs, Love and my Prayers Always & Forever,
aint j