I am sitting at my computer while Brock is taking his nap and I decided to post a blog for the day and I thought that I might share something kind of personal. I'm sure some of you have already heard this story but I thought I would tell it again anyway.
I truly believe that our loved ones can contact us through our dreams, some might call this a coincidence but in my heart I know different. I was about three or four months pregnant when this happened to me.
I was asleep one night and I was dreaming of my mother. I had had other dreams about her and in those dreams she hadn't passed away and we would be doing typical things like watching TV together or random things like that but she never spoke and I never spoke to her. This dream was different I knew that she was dead and I was suprised to see her. She was sitting in a rocking chair and in her arms she was holding a baby. She looked so peaceful and in her element, anyone that knew my mother knew that she loved babies so much that it was a true shame that she only had two of her own babies, anyways, there she sat in that rocking chair, rocking back and forth looking at the baby with great love in her eyes. I walked up to her and called her name, "Mama", she looked up and I said, "what are you doing?", and she smiled and said, "this is your baby boy and I am taking care of him until you are ready to have him".
I awoke immediately and just cried and cried. A sweet calming came over me and I knew that this baby was going to be okay. Ever since we lost our little girl Paige I was very nervous about being pregnant again and after that dream I knew that I would be able to hold this baby in my arms and love him and watch him grow up. About two months after that dream occured we went in to find out that sure enough it was a little boy and I knew with a surety that my mama did come to visit me that night. That is the only dream I have ever had of my mother where she spoke to me and we both knew that she was gone. I know that this was no ordinary dream, I know with all my being that this was my mother speaking to me from Heaven where she is patiently waiting for the rest of her family to return home with honor. I hope that I can become a loving, patient, fun and happy mother just like my own and make my mother proud.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
A Dream I'll Never Forget
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
wow...that sent chills through me! - clare
I have heard this before from you but I cried again reading this. What an awesome dream. I know that has made you feel so much better to know that your mom is watching out for you and your babies.
Buffie
that story always brings tears to my eyes. I know Julie is taking care of your kids up there for you :) you are blessed to have such neat dreams!
Oh that is so touching I cried. What a sweet story, Brock will be so glad you wrote it down someday.
That was precious and tender. That was the first time I heard it and I loved it. Julie was most comfortable holding and rocking babies. What a comforting dream for you.
Oh, Jen. That was such a special thing you shared! It brought tears to my eyes. That was such an incredible gift you were able to receive and share with all of us!
My beloved niece,
How blessed and honored you are to receive such a manifestation from our Heavenly Father.
You have been through so much at your tender age and I know the Lord is pleased with the way you have bourne your grief and trials.
I wish I could assure you that you would have no more trials, but as you know and I know, that we were sent here to be tried and tested. I also know that yours is a very special spirit held back because of your faithfulness to come forth at this time not only to gain your trials, but to be an example of righteousness to your relatives and friends.
Because you have chosen to marry in the Lord's Temple and are serving in His kingdom, He has blessed you through the Holy Spirit to know your precious mother is about the Lord's business in her rhelm of existence.
What comfort and peace the comforter has given you.
The following quote was in the Latter-day Light Daily Devotional on May 19th,it gives me so much comfort:
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Joseph Fielding Smith
"May I say for the consolation of those who mourn, and for the comfort and guidance of all of us, that no righteous man is ever taken before his time. In the case of the faithful saints, they are simply transferred to other fields of labor. The Lord's work goes on in this life, in the world of spirits, and in the kingdoms of glory where men go after their resurrection"
(Doctrinal Insights to the Book of Mormon, p. 64).
Dear Jenn,
Hold to the Rod always and seek to do good to those about you and you will have peace and joy even in the midst of your afflections.
Also,it is my felling that you and Joe have been given the ominous blessing to raise up Brock and other spirits, who will be here to usher in the reign of the Savior
This is I believe and I know that you are equal to any task you have to accomplish for Heavenly Father.
Thank you for sharing your sacred dream in your blog hold it close to your heart.
Hugs, Love and Prayers Always,
aint j
that brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet experience.
thats such a sweet story!
anna adams
Post a Comment