Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This Would Only Happen To Me!!

Saturday night we had the missionaries over for dinner and it was a nice night. Halfway through dinner Brock woke up from his unusually late nap, so I go and get him and stick him in his high chair and pulled him up to the table. The missionaries were talking to him and Brock liked every minute of it, we currently have a missionary straight from the island of Tonga and he barely speaks English, Brock thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he just giggles and smiles at him and he stared at him the whole dinner, Joe says it's because of the brown blood that they share because Brock has a little bit of Hawaiian in him :)
Anyways, after dessert we were winding things up and Brock started to get fussy so I got him out of his high chair and set him on my lap. One of the new Elders (we have four), asked if he could leave us with a spiritual thought, he got out his scriptures and things begin to get a little serious and as he was talking I look down on my lap and there it was....Brock had pooped all over me, I said "OH!" and then the Elders all looked at me, I didn't know whether or not to let him finish or tell them what had happened, so I opted to fess up and I was mortified to have to stand up and show them my lap! They of course being a room full of men thought that this was beyond hilarious and I just sulked my way to the back of the house to change my sweet child's diaper. I came back out about 10 minutes later with a new pair of clothes on both of us and then the Elder finished his spiritual thought. I'm not sure if we will ever have the Elders over for dinner again! This would only happen to me................

7 comments:

Melissa said...

When Keali was 2 weeks old she got rotavirus. I was changing her diaper on my bed (my bed stands really high off the ground) when she decided to projectile diahrea all over me. It hit me and the wall behind me. There was a void on the wall where I had been standing. It was disgusting! They get you at the most unsuspecting times!

Our Happy Family said...

That is so funny!!! Even though the other girl who commented on your blog, Melissa, wins the funny story!!!!!!
Baylee picked her nose the other day in Wal-mart while we were checking out, and she handed me the booger and said here. Yes, the lady laughed and I about barfed!!
Buffie

Janae' said...

That is hilarious and happens to the best of us..

Jennifer said...

At least it wasn't your poop...that would have been REALLY embarassing!

gigi said...

Sounds likr s poopy story to me!

Veda said...

Hey Jenn,
Cute blog! Loved the story. It will be fun to keep up on your little family. There is never enough time to chat in church!
Veda

Sandman said...

What a crack up!!! That sounds like something that would have happened to me with our kids ... It seems like I took all of the hits like that ... May be a family thing! Way to go Brock ... just doing what comes naturally!