We had a wild night last night! I dropped Brock off with his Grandma at 5:30 p.m. and when I left I commented on how good he was feeling all day because for the past week he has been teething and yesterday I didn't even have to give him any tylenol for fussiness. So, around 7:00p.m. she calls me and I can hear Brock wailing in the background and she tells me I need to come home because she can't get him calmed down.
So Joe and I immediately left what we were doing and got to Brock as fast as we could. When we pulled up Grandma was in the front yard with my little naked baby rocking him in her arms as she walked. She told me that they had tried a bath, swinging in the swing, going outside and nothing helped. As soon as I touched him I knew he was on fire. So we took his temp and it was 102 almost 103 and he was doing some weird grunting sound like he couldn't catch his breath and he was very lethargic so I was worried about him. So I called the after hours nurse and she told me to take him to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital we were immediately seen they started running test on him. That alone made me more nervous because they were taking things soooo serious! They gave him a chest xray and swabbed his nose for RSV and then they gave him a breathing treatment. Before the breathing treatment the doc came in and told me that they were going to open up his chest if that was okay with me and I freaked out because I thought he meant physically they were going to open up his chest and he meant open his lungs with a breathing treatment :) That was my blonde moment for the night!! After the breathing treatment he fell right to sleep on Joe and then they discharged us about an hour later after coming to the conclusion that he doesn't have pneumonia, whooping cough or RSV, but he does have a viral bronchial sickness. I took him to our pediatrician's office this afternoon and they confirmed the ER's diagnosis and said that he is contagious and he also on top of the virus has an ulcer in the top of his mouth and a very sore throat.
I am very glad that he is okay and that he is at home and in a very snuggly mood today!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Poor Little Brock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I absolutly hate days like that, they scare me so bad. I guess not knowing what's wrong is the worst part. I'm glad today is better for the both of you!
Oh dear, poor guy and poor grandma and momma too!!
you shuld have called we got to know those ER doc. I hate it when there is nothing you can do but wait, that is the hardest thing ever. If you need anything call me.
How absolutely horrifying! That was no blond moment, it scared me in the telling!!! I'm sure I thought the same as you when I read it.
It is terrifying how quickly babies can become desperately ill.
And how helpless parents, grand parents and relatives feel at such a time.
So grateful he is feeling better.
Much love and our prayers always,
aint j
Post a Comment