So, today I decided to have a me day. I haven't had one of those in a long time. I put Brock down for a nap and then left him with Grandma Colleen. I went to Hobby Lobby and looked around and then I went next store to the theatre and saw The Secret Life of Bees (sorry Clare!). It was the best movie that I have seen in a long time. I cried, laughed and wanted to stay for an encore. It was that good. Now I want to read the book. I absolutely love to go to the movies all by myself. When Joe and I were dating we would get into silly fights so I would go to the movies all by myself so I wouldn't have to think about him for two whole hours....now I go to enjoy alone time for a couple of hours! I've seen about 6 movies by myself to date. The most moving movie I've ever watched alone was The Passion of The Christ--I know that alot of mormons didn't go see that movie for whatever reasons but it was the most moving movie I have ever seen. I often think about His Mother Mary and how in the movie she had to watch her son carry the cross and struggle and now as a mother I have a great love and reverance for Mary and for the sorrow she must have felt knowing that her son was here to save this world and all they did was ridicule and mock him and ultimately took His life and she could do nothing to stop them. What a sacrifice that must have been for her I remember that when the movie was over everyone in the entire theatre left in total silence. It was a neat experience.
In the movie today one of the people commits suicide and she left a note for her loved ones and it said something about not being able to take the weight of the sadness of this world on her shoulders anymore and that really hit me hard. I cried for my dad today and those of you who know me know that I don't do that very often. It's hard being a child of someone who chose to leave this earth willingly. He never even left a note to let us know why, why he would do something so final to end his pain. I can remember the bishop coming over to my parents house hours after my father passed and he said "Don was just too good for this world, he was too tenderhearted to handle all of the sadness in this world he just had to leave." I truly know with all my heart that my father was a good man and I know where he is and I don't question that for one minute. I know that he regrets his decision to leave us behind but he didn't fully leave this earth because he passed down his good genes to my little man. My daddy could light up the room with his smile and so can Brock. My dad never met a stranger and he was everyone's favorite person and I see that in Brock, I see the joy that Brock brings to strangers when he smiles and waves at them and I know that it comes from his Grandpa Don. I love my father and I always will and nothing makes me happier than to know that through the atonement that I will be able to see him again and when I finally get to wrap my arms around him and hug him I'm not sure that I will ever let go. I love you Daddy.....
Saturday, October 25, 2008
A Day For Me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Your Dad was a wonderful man and there's not a doubt in my mind either that he is proudly looking down from Heaven, keeping an eye on you and your little boy.
I went and saw Passion with my friend Carrie. We cried the whole way through the movie. It was very well done.
Well niecie, you make me so proud I can't begin to tell you how much.
I think often of your mom and dad and I too, know you will one day embrace and undertand all.
Hugs and Love and Prayers and Tears of joy & pain,
aint j
Beautiful Jen,
Love,
Uncle Billy
Jen just know that I love you and think you have to be one of the strongest people that I know. You are awesome. I am so glad that I have had the chance to get to know you.
I really enjoyed your post. I love it when you see a good movie thats leaves you warm and fuzzy...
Girl I think your awesome. Your parents did a wonderful job in raising you to become the person you are today.
I am so jealous. I would like a day to myself. I loved the book Secret life of bees.
I loved the book, 'Secret Life of Bees' I hope the movie is as good.
I love your daddy and miss him too. I think Heavenly Father gave you Brock because he knew you had so much saddness and Brock would bring you so much joy and happiness. What a blessing he is to you and so many others.
Jen, Your Dad was "a mess"! I was at Sandy & Sheri's this weekend and some of Sandy's mannerisms(?) remind me so much of Uncle Don. Don was like an older brother to us and when he married your mom we were so happy for him and she treated us the same way. I loved the summer I turned seventeen (1977) and have so many good memories of my "working vacation" in Memphis with them. It was great to have them all to my self and meet Aunt Julie's family. I had a wonderful HOT, summer.
:o) Cuzn Carla
You totally just made me cry.
Shortly before he passed, I was in H.S. visiting and left after sacrament. I was in a hurry to get on the road and waved at your dad, but didn't go over and say hi or hug him. When I got the call that he had passed, I felt so selfish. I couldn't believe that I had rushed out of church with just waving at him. Anyway, I just hope he knew how much respect I had/have for him. He was a wonderful man!
Also, you suck for going to the movies without me :)
Oh Jen...I just luv ya! I know your pain as my Dad also commit suicide when I was younger. I have "daddy days" as well when I miss him more than ever and wish he were here to kiss my hurts and to smile when I have accomplishments. I was a daddy's girl just like you. We have more in common than I ever knew! Keep smiling girl! You're awesome!
Thanks for making me cry! I really miss you a lot!! And I hope that I get to meet your little one soon!
I really miss your dad too. I just wish that someone could have stopped him...could have helped him look at the bigger picture! Out of all the deaths our family has had to endure, I think his was one of the hardest to accept. He was definitely my favorite uncle! I think he was all of our's favorite! He always went out of his way to make us kids happy. We loved when summer came because that meant we got to go spend a few weeks at Aunt Julie and Uncle Don's! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him and your Mom! I love you!
Jen- I am so sorry to read about your Dad. I had no idea, and now I feel like a HORRIBLE friend. How long ago did everything happen? I admire you for having the strength to go on and be a GREAT mother. I can see you love your Brock the way I love my boys. He is adorable. Okay, truthfully, I think he is beautiful. But if that annoys you for a boy, pretend I never said it. He has big gorgeous eyes, and a perfect little face. Strangers tell me my boys are beautiful, so I don't think it's a horrible term for boys.
I think being a mother is the most wonderful thing in the world. And
I am glad you got to go and have some "me" time. Now I want to see the movie. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment