Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boys and Their Toys......

Brock has taken a new found interest in Joe's motorcycle....every chance he gets he tries to get out the laundry room door and head for Joe's bike. This makes Joe very proud and he even lets Brock play on it and touch everything....for those of you who don't know Joe all that well, he is an only child and never had to share anything so this is a big deal :) Yesterday it was actually cold enough that Brock could wear some of his new winter clothes.
Hanging out with Daddy........
Hmmmm...I wonder what this button does :)
We just took Brock to his 12 month check-up this morning and he is doing just fine of course. He has actually lost a little weight with all of his running around that he does! He is 25lbs. and
31 1/2 inches tall and is in the 90th percentile for both his height and weight. He had to get two shots in his legs and then they sent us over to the hospital for routine bloodwork to check if he is anemic(i think that is how you spell it...) and for lead in the blood since our house is older. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have either of those things but just to make sure we let them poke his little finger...he was not happy to say the least. He wasn't crying but he was yelling....I don't know where he got his temper :) The new thing that the doctor told us is to quit giving him the bottle.....I'm not sure how we are going to do this but we will try!

3 comments:

gigi said...

Love the daddy and Brock picture, the cute hoodie, the sweet mohawk!

That's how much my cat weighs! But when he is streched out from nose to tip of tail I think 'Mo' has Brock beat! Man he is grwoing to fast!

Bailey said...

Uh oh, no more bottle!! Good Luck! Do it now though, b/c you don't want him to be 3 years old walking around with a bottle in his mouth:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Again! I think we went through this thing about doctors telling us what to do with our children, back a few months ago.

I'll give doctor benefit of doubt, maybe.

As long as the bottle isn't a security blanket thing or make him more aggressive - stop it.

OTHERWISE
DO NOT HAVE ANY GUILT -
DO IT WHEN YOU'RE READY!

SOOOO BIG, HE IS!

Tell Joe not to help him grow too fast or he'll miss him quicker.

HUGS,
aint j