So, I don't have any pictures to post this time but I do have a couple of funny stories that have happened this week.
First off, Brock and I were at Wal-mart on Monday and we passed the new Elmo Live that just came out. I haven't really liked Elmos all that much because I think that they are way too hyped up and very over priced but I thought that I would press it's foot and see what Brock thought about it....well he loved it! It was the cutest thing he just smiled and laughed a hearty gut laugh and people were stopping and watching his cute reaction to the silly overpriced thing. I got a real kick out of it and called his grandma and told her all about it too. She said that she would go in on half of it. Well, I was at Target last night and Brock had the same reaction again to Elmo and I left the store without it once again. I talked to Joe about it and we took him up to Target with us and Brock was laughing and grabbing for Elmo so Joe put it in the cart. Now this thing cost $60 bucks for a little red stuffed animal that talked to you. I sat in the backseat with Brock and all the way home he laughed and giggled and held Elmo while he was still in the box. When we got home with Elmo we waited for Grandma Colleen to come over to watch Brock get Elmo out of the box.....We finally opened the box and handed Elmo to Brock and what does he do with his $60 toy??? He CRIES! That's right this toy that I told everyone how much he loved and even talked his grandma into forking over $30 for and he cried! He was scared to even touch the dang thing!......Needless to say Joe boxed that sucker right back up and I took it back to Target this morning :) Silly little boy....I stand by my first opinion of Elmo---over hyped and over priced!!!
The other funny thing that happened was one of the times that I was at Target shopping I was passing by the bedding department and there was this 40 something year old man just standing at the end of the aisle looking lost and he stopped me and said, "Ma'am, do you know anything about sheets?" to which I replied, "well, that depends on what you need to know," and he then asked me "what is a fitted sheet?". I tried to hide my giggle because I thought that that was a pretty self explanatory product but I took the time to explain the difference between a fitted sheet and a top sheet :) On our way up to the checkouts I saw him carrying arms full of pillows, sheets and pillow cases. I didn't have the heart to tell him that those actually come in a whole pack together......He was living proof that men really do need women in their lives to make it :)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Funny Little Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Hilarious! Good thing Target takes returns. I think you're at Target as much as I am:). My office is on Amity right behind it, so its hard to resist going in.
Jen I love that little brock. Its amazing what they like at the store and what they hate when they get it at home..
I loved these stories they were so funny! Jaxon's birthday is coming up. I dread it somewhat you never know what to get them. You get so excited to get them a toy and then they want nothing to do with it.
A funny story, sounds like his aunt janice, she'll buy something and bring home, look at it,try it on and then take it back.
I liked your story though.
unk B
Those laughing kids will melt your heart everytime.
Poor man, you're right what would they do with out us??
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Post a Comment