Saturday, July 12, 2008

Friends, Fun and Updates.....

Well, first things first....after much thought and great advice I've decided to go back to my old way of getting Brock to sleep. I just HATED hearing him cry for an hour and knowing that he was going to sleep sad, confused and scared. That's no way to live. Just leaving him in his crib to "cry it out" started to effect his naps, and his independance. He would wake up after about 15 minutes in his crib and refuse to be soothed back to sleep, then during the day he completely quit playing on his own and instead would crawl to me and just hang on my legs and cry until I picked him up. It was almost like he was reverting back to his "baby" days if you know what I mean! So, we are back to taking a bottle at about 9-9:30 and drifting quietly off to sleep in the middle of the bottle. Then I lay him down and he sleeps until about 2-3 a.m. and he wakes for a small water bottle and then it's back to dreamland. I know that I probably won't get to do this with our second one, and I may be truly messing Brock up for later but like I've said from the beginning.....he is our practice child :)

Last night we had Pam and Micha and their two girls Maddie and baby Olivia over for dinner and we invited our long lost friend :) Clare and her husband Chris over also. We had a lot of fun. Joe has really been wanting to learn how to make ribs so we went for it. I didn't try any because I don't like meat on the bone....I guess I got that from my mother.....but I think that they turned out really well. The boys all seemed to like them. Then we fried pickles and they turned out really yummy....I'll put the recipe on here if anyone is interested.

We had a lot of fun and we hope to do it again soon!

Puppy update: 7 down and 1 more to go!!!

7 comments:

Janae' said...

Hey you are the mom, that is the glory in it and you have to do what is best for you and your baby...So hold him cause when they get big like all mine, they don't want to be held any more lOL.

Our Happy Family said...

You are his mommy and don't worry what other people say and think. We just broke Baylee from the binki this week. Yeah, she is going on her fifth day without it. But, yes I rock her still. There small for just a short time, so why not enjoy!!!

gigi said...

Good for you! So how long does it take to rock him to sleep anyway? That's such a sweet bonding time. Why would anyone want to do away with that? It won't be for many more months any way. I love rocking babies.

That's great about the puppies! Good luck.

Clare said...

we had a wonderful time, and i can truly attest to the deliciousness of the ribs and fried pickles! can't wait to do it again!

Melissa said...

You know...you can get advice from everyone but at the end of the day you alone know what is best for you and your baby. I am happy you will get to rock your baby a bit longer--especially since you enjoy it so much. Don't let his doctor bully you either--you are the Mommy, and Mommies are just smarter than doctors about a lot of things!

Bailey said...

The fried pickles were way good, I had like 7!! By the way, they have them at sonic now. I haven't tried them yet, probably not wonderful but we'll see

Anonymous said...

Fried Pickles? eeeewwww! That doesn't sound good.....