Well, I have had a request for the fried pickle recipe so, first I will tell you how I came across this recipe. When I was 17 or 18 years old I had at least 3 jobs at all times. I don't really know why I just always did but looking back now I think that it was the Good Lord just trying to keep me busy and out of trouble :) Anyways, one of my jobs was working at a little shop in downtown Hot Springs called Maggie's Pickle Cafe. They were really nice people and I haven't really heard or thought about them in a long time. Well, the other day Joe was watching Emeril on the cooking channel and he was cooking a true "Southern" dinner and he made his own fried pickles. Joe is really into me frying things for him lately so he was all about this recipe. We tried it on our own and I didn't really care for his batter so we looked on the food network website and we came across this recipe submitted from Jennifer Clement, who was my old boss, from none other than the little cafe called Maggie's Pickle Cafe! I thought what a small world it is. So, anyways here is the recipe:
24 dill pickle spears, chilled---we used Klausen
egg wash, recipe follow
breading, recipe follows
canola oil, for frying
ranch dressing for dipping
Egg Wash:
2 cups milk--we used buttermilk
2 eggs
pinch lemon pepper
pinch dill weed
pickle juice
whisk all ingredients together except pickle juice first and then add the juice
Breading:
2 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup lemon pepper
1/2 cup dill weed
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic salt
pinch cayenne pepper or more for a kick
Using only very cold dill pickle spears, dip pickle into egg wash and then coat with breading. Repeat this at least two times or until the pickle is completely covered. Lay on wax paper and chill for at least 30 minutes.
In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Carefully add chilled pickle spears, in batches, to the hot oil and fry for about 3 1/2 minutes or until golden. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Serve with Ranch dressing.
It might sound a little complicated but it isn't and they are very well worth the effort!!
As for the puppy I think that I have settled on Abby. What do you think? Does she look like an Abigail to you? Joe isn't happy but he comes up with dumb names anyways....his childhood dog is named Azeroth and he really wanted to name Brock, Sully.....need I say anymore????
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Fried Pickles and Little Abby???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Abby's a great name!
I bet they are tasty. And how cool was that, you found your old boss's recipe? Lucky you.
Yeah...don't let Joe name anything or anyone!
Thank you so much for posting the pickle recipe. I will definately try them. I like the name you picked for your dog. I just have to say that I am glad you went with Brock and not the name Joe wanted!!! :)
Sully? Like the big blue monster on Monster's Inc.? Oh man.
Abby's cute, but I still like Sheera, and whenever I visit, that's what I'll call her :)
Well, it's no Helga, but I think Abigail fits her very well :)
Hey, Jennifer! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I didn't know ya'll had a blog too. :) Hope ya don't mind if I add you to the list of blogs I read.
PS. I LOVE your new little (ok huge) great dane puppy! I'm a big dog fan...a big fan of dogs and a fan of big dogs. ;)
Jenniker,
These sound good! Love your blog, and whoa Brock is a cutie! Call me next week when you guys are in LR. Kelly
The pickles sound delicious, maybe you can cook some when we're at Sandy & Sheri's. Yuuummm!
Abbie is growing on me and I can't wait to see her -- and hold and snuggle with Brock!!!
H.L. & Prayers Always,
aint j.
P.S. We may bring Dorothy and Tinker Belle up with us. Tinker Belle is a miniature sausage dog that is having puppies in August and one is mine. Dorothy is my best friend Annette's daughter. Annette passed away with cancer last year. She is a red head cutie, almost 21 and will be a senior at Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL.. Know of any good LDS RMs????
viagra suppliers in the uk watermelon viagra womens viagra womens viagra buy viagra australian viagra strips buying viagra in uk free viagra samples before buying viagra lawyer columbus can viagra causes legs to ache women's viagra bought viagra fuerteventura viagra uk cheap purchase buy natural viagra substitutes
Post a Comment