I decided to put up our Christmas decorations during the week of Thanksgiving because I wasn't watching any children other than my own. As I was getting all of the stuff out of tupperware boxes I put on Brock's favorite Baby Einstein video. He was being so quiet and staying out of the way! I was so proud of him and when I went into the living room to compliment him on helping mommy by staying out of her hair for a little bit this is what I found!!
He was so proud of himself! Somehow he had snuck into the kitchen and grabbed a brand new of wrapping string and had a ball with it!

I couldn't get mad at him he was having so much fun I just let him play with it, it was so tangled up that there was no saving it anyways!
This is where you can find Brock most of the time when the tree is plugged in. He loves it and I won't let him touch it so he climbs underneath it, lays on his back and looks at the lights, sometimes he'll say "wooooow" but most of the time he just lays there....priceless memories :)
I couldn't get mad at him he was having so much fun I just let him play with it, it was so tangled up that there was no saving it anyways!
Thanksgiving was alot of fun this year. We decided not go to Memphis this year and we got a last minute invite to go to Hot Springs and have dinner with my childhood friend Clare and her husband Chris. They moved here recently and we love to hang out with them. I was really excited to go to Hot Springs. The morning of Thanksgiving, Joe went to play in the annual Conway Turkey Bowl. It's a bunch of men that have no business playing tackle football, because they get way too into it and like to think that they are in the NFL. As Joe walked out of the door to go and play I told him not to get hurt and what do ya know but 30 minutes later he comes walking into the door holding his hand and whining about getting hurt! So, Joe spent the morning in the E.R. and after 2 1/2 hours they told him that it wasn't broken and that there wasn't anything that they could do for it! I think that he has learned his lesson and he doesn't want to play full contact anymore thank goodness!
We had a blast on Thanksgiving and felt right at home at the Palmer's. Maybe that will be our new tradition??? We went to the Arlington to visit all of the people I used to work with. It's hard going there sometimes because I feel like I should be going to visit my dad not reminiscing with people about him, ya know?? But all in all it was a good holiday weekend and we can't wait until Christmas!!!





7 comments:
That's too funny, Brock with all the ribbon around him! Aren't you glad you put your tree up, your little baby loves it:) Thanks again for watching Winston!!
Aren't babies so much fun?? I love it because you get to see the wonder in their eyes.
Kevin said that her was at the Turkey bowl and that he left and he didnt know why. so know we do know. Kevin is black and blue all over his arms. I love Brock he is so dang sweet. I love the fact that he is so moble!
Brock is a little cutie. Love the pictures of him climbing under the tree, and I am glad you didn't get mad at him for playing with the shinny ribbons. Looked like sooo much fun. You are a good mom!
that tradition sounds great to us! we had a blast with you 3!
Now that he's all wrapped up for Christmas you can put him in a box and send him to me!!!!! You should market that for other mothers so that they can get their Christmas tree up with out hassels. I so love the fact that he lays under the tree. He is the best present ever!
Too cute with all the ribbons wrapped around him like he's wrapping himself - you should see what he does with a roll of wrapping paper and some tape :) Poor Joe, glad he's ok!
Post a Comment