Joe and I had a great weekend. About a month ago we decided to put Joe's truck up for sale on Craigslist for fun just to see if we got any offers. Well it sat for about three weeks until this what I thought was a woman named Jan emailed me and said that she was interested in it. We emailed back and forth details about the truck and what we were willing to sell it for. In one of the emails I asked Jan if she was from Conway and she replied that she was actually from Norway the country! I did my research and realized that "Jan" was really pronounced "yawn" and it is a man who is just one of many Norwegians who come to Mountain View, Arkansas, throughout the year for vacations. So, Joe and I went Friday night to deliver the truck and the man who is in charge named Arvid told us that we could spend the night in one of his cabins. I was so mad that I didn't bring my camera with me! This was the most beautiful cabin that I had ever seen. We found out this morning that Arvid Maeland is actually a very famous celebrity in Norway and he came to Arkansas on a trip, saw this huge lot of land for sale and decided to buy it, and now his Norwegian friends all buy lots from him and build cabins on them and then when they are back home in Norway they rent out the cabins to anyone who wants to come. The cabin that we stayed in was a two story four bed two bath with cedar from the ceiling to the floor and it smelled wonderful. It was a great getaway for the night. It's in the middle of nowhere so we got to enjoy the beautiful wildlife. It was a very romantic place and we can't wait to go back!
After we sold Joe's truck we headed off for another town called Searcy, Arkansas, to look at another cheaper work truck for Joe to use until he is out of school, we found the guy on Craigslist and bought his truck today and then as we were traveling home from our long day of travels, we were about 15 miles outside of Conway on a little 2-lane road going about 60 miles an hour and the woman in the car in front of Joe went onto the shoulder and then grossly overcompensated, fishtailed, and then went across both lanes of traffic into an open field and then flipped through the air and suddenly stopped when she hit a huge tree. The car landed on the on it's side with the driver's side on the grass! It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed! We were so scared when we ran over to the car to see what we were going to find. After three men pried the passenger door open this woman who was about 55 stood up without a scratch on her and told us that she was answering her cell phone and drove off of the road and that was the last thing that she remembered! It was so scary! Joe and another man had to help lift her out the car. She didn't have a scratch on her and she didn't even go to the emergency room but I can guarantee that she will be hurting tomorrow!! It really made me drive much more aware and carefully for the rest of our trip!
After we got home and snuggled on Brock (I haven't been away from him for that long in a while!) we let him take a nap and Joe played with his new truck and then that money that we made today was burning a hole in my pocket so we decided to finally do some Christmas shopping, we went to ToysR Us and got all of Brock's christmas shopping done. We got him entirely too much but oh well he deserves it right???
We had a fun and eventful weekend and we hope to do it again soon! Anyone up to spend a weekend with us in the cabin???
Saturday, December 6, 2008
My Fun Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Sign me up girl!!!! :)
Sounds like a very fun and eventful weekend. Glad you had a night out with the hubby.
That cabin (and the Norweigans) sounds awesome!
How fun was that?? Except for the acident. Great fun adventure for just the two of ya.
Secluded cabin in the middle of nowhere with some best friends? Ummm...YES!!
That was an eventful weekend. The cabin sounds awesome. Hope you kept his info, I think I would be interested in a get away like that. And the accident caused from the cell phone.... scary, I need to be more careful of that distraction too, no call is worth that.
Sounds like fun! Send on the cabin info, after 2 yrs of a PHD program, we could all use a little R & R. The accident sounds scary, I'm glad everything turned out well and you are all safe.
that would be so fun can you rent the cabins. i need some info that would be great!
Mark & Lani Braithwaite
3981 Pierce Street Apt. 392
Riverside, CA 92505
That's a funny story about Jan, who would have thought she was a he?! Glad your truck was sold and that you could have some time away with your husband :) Soo scary though, the car in front of you. I would have screamed and probably gone into shock from even watching, that only happens in the movies I thought!
What a fun trip minus the accident of course!
top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk casinos[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]free casino[/url] unshackled no consign perk at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino games
[/url].
Post a Comment