Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reading Books, Cereal Straws, and Watching T.V.

Brock has started really playing on his own and it is so cute! He'll crawl to his room, get his books off of the lower shelf and sit down and read them! I really try to read to him every night before bed and he has now started to read them on his own! Maybe this means he is going to be smart.....
I bought him some cereal straws about a week ago and he LOVES them! He chows down everytime I give him one it is a very special treat.
He has started to watch T.V. and I can barely pry him away from it if there is a cartoon on! Since this new development I try to not have the T.V. on all day because a couch potato is not something I plan on raising :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Whenever I turn on "Word World," Keali runs like lightening, screaming and throws herself in front of the tv. It is super cute.

Janae' said...

At least you have a good babysitter while making dinner if Cartoons are on right ?? Cute..

lindsee said...

he is to dang cute... hey are you going to the overnight thing? come and go and lets me and you do a talent!!!

gigi said...

PBS is on most of the day if we are home. I love the baby Einstein video's. I can read up to 20 books at one sitting. I read till the girls lose intrest. They don't stay with the TV or Books long enough to hurt. I think all the stimulation helps make them smart. Reagan is really liking me to read now. I love it and I love childrens books. BTW I love the fruit loop straws!

Eliza said...

Yeah- when Iwa started watching t.v. it was SOOO the end of mommy watching what mommy wanted to watch. I can't tell you how many Word Worlds, Word GIrls and Sesame Streets I saw this summer. By the way, we really need to get Brock and Kawika together. I wanna see them play and he needs a little boy time in his life. :) He is just so adorable!!! I can't wait to see him again.

Bailey said...

That pic of him looking at the book is precious. He is so cute. He will be very smart and then he can marry Olivia(or if he likes the older woman like Joe, he can marry Maddy:))