This week was pretty slow except for a couple of highlights..... I decided to take Brock to a fun kid place here in Conway called Playworld. Brock has been once when he was about 5 months old but now he is at a prime age to have lots of fun! I took him twice last week and he has so much fun that I haven't been able to catch any really good pictures of him. The first time I took him he pretty much played in the baby ball pit for about an hour, but the second time he went he discovered that there was a whole other world of things to look at and play with! He crawled and crawled all over that place. He loves older kids and had tons of fun just chasing after them. He took the longest naps afterwards. The best part is that it is free for him until he's 12 months old! Everytime we go they try to charge us because they don't believe he's only 10 months old. Joe likes to go so he can compare Brock to all the other little boys and he is so proud that Brock has been tons bigger than all of them!
Our new pup Abby has been scratching a lot so we got flea spray for her thinking that would do the trick, but when that didn't work we started to put oil in her food because we thought that maybe she had dry skin from getting too many baths, but then on Tuesday Joe was petting her and he noticed all these strange bumps on her so we called the vet A.S.A.P. and made an appointment, well $100 bucks later we were informed that she has the Mange! I thought that only strays get the Mange but our vet said that it is going around Conway right now and it is very contagious to other canines. So, our luck I'm sure Lilly and Bruiser will get it too! I hope not. We have the best luck when it comes to animals let me tell you!!!
Some of you may not know but we are currently in the process of becoming foster parents....it is a long process and we are really excited about it. Well, I got a call from a DCFS lady and she asked when a good time would be for her to come over and do a home visit and I told her any day after 5....well she just showed up that night at 5! I was mortified! I had luckily done some cleaning but I don't like to be surprised with company...especially people that have never been here before I like the house to look just so, so you could imagine my nervousness when she just "popped" in while I was making dinner, Brock had a runny nose and no pants on, Joe had just walked in from work he was half naked and dirty and sweaty, and I had my P.J.'s on!!! We were a group to draw to! But, I guess she caught us in our true element....dirty and messy with nothing to hide!
Also, if anyone happens to have one or two twin beds that they would like to donate or let us borrow for awhile we would really appreciate it. We will more than likely get two children and they each need their own beds. So, keep your ears open for me and I would love you forever! That has been our week in a nutshell! Maybe this week will be a little bit more exciting!





5 comments:
Well congrats on becoming foster parents. This was news to me. Good luck with it also. My aunt and uncle fostered kids for quite a while, all I can say is good luck.
Brock is such a cutie. I love that he just smiles all the time.
Wow! That was a blog full of information. Did you cut all of Brocks hair off? I really liked his modified mohawk! Mange? Yikes! Big Johnny seems ok! His spot is getting darker, I think we're on the upside of that.
Foster parent! What a blessing you and Joe will be to children who need that ... I love that ya'll were at most normal for your home visit ... I can imagine how you felt ... I would have been doing the double time freak!
no I we haven't cut his hair again...maybe it was just the lighting in the picture
Every time I talk to one of my family they all wanted to keep Brock.
Amelia said yesterday we were looking for something so we could call them back and they would have to turn around and come back to Savannah.
Then Carla and Anthony came by to visit on Saturday and they both wanted to keep Brock. Everyone fell in love with him. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him in person. I love babies.
Foster Parents? Wow...kids need good people to care for them...you guys will be perfect.
Love the Faux Hawk...way cute!
Glad you like your gift. It is way cuter when you put a picture in behind the writing...
Post a Comment