Growing up in Hot Springs I babysat for a great family. They were my first real babysitting job and I wasn't much older than 12 or 13. They were always so kind to me they always let me bring my friend Pam with me and then at the end of the night before they took me home the mom and dad would sit and talk with me about my life and how I was doing sometimes for hours. I went on family vacations with them and they even flew me to Dallas so I could babysit for their sister.
I've kept in touch with them through the years and after I had Brock Cheryl, the mother, called and told me to come to town so she could return the favor and she watched Brock and gave me $100 and told Joe and I to have a fun night. That's just the kind of people that they are.
Edward the father decided to get his pilot licsence awhile ago and they purchased a small plane to fly back and forth to Fayetteville where their oldest son attends college.
Yesterday morning Edward and their daughters Catie, 16 and Libby 14 were on their way to Fayetteville to visit E.P. their son who is in college and the plane crashed and killed all three of them. I just couldn't fathom waking up and kissing your husband and two youngest children goodbye and then that's the last time to see them on this earth. This tragedy couldn't have happened to nicer people.
Edward, Libby and Catie rest in peace and to E.P. and Cheryl may you be able to live in peace. And for everyone who reads my blog please be thankful for your families and what we have and remember to hug your babies a little bit longer today I'm sure Cheryl would give anything to be able to wrap her arms around hers.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Life is too short
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Ohhh that is awful! I am so sorry Jen. I will remember you and this family in my prayers and hope they can feel some peace at this difficult time. You are right, life is short and we need to live each day to the fullest, and treat every goodbye as if it were the last. Hugs to you now.
What a beautiful way to say it Jen. I can't imagine what they are going through right now and I am also sorry for you to have to deal with this as well.
Sorry to hear this aout your dear friends. Prayers go out for all of you.
Much love.
Dad told me about this last night...his family dentist was in the crash too (I feel bad that I can't remember his name). It's so sad.
How dreadfully tragic. My heart has plummeted, while reading your blog.
I just came from Ellen Patton's blog - friend of Carla, Sandy, Gigi & Jill - She & Carla roomed together in Provo. Ellen received a call from a cousin in Utah last weekend with terrible news of their cousin losing the youngest 2 of her 4 children in a freak accident.
See:
http://ellenpatton.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tragic update
My cousin called me last night with this report.
Posted by ellen at 7:41 AM 30 comments
*********************************
Did your mom babysit for this family also? I know she loved the families she babysat for.
We already know how heartbreaking this can be even knowing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and receiving the comfort of that knowledge. I do know also what peace and comfort the prayers of family & friends can be at such a time and I will keep you and your dear, dear friends in my prayers.
Love & prayers always. -aint j
treat every goodbye as if it were the last. Hugs to you now.
free internet jobs
Post a Comment