Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Fun and a Death In The Roger Home

Summer is definitely here! It is H.O.T. here in the good ole south! We've already had our annual air conditioner breakdown. I swear that we just need to open a savings account just for our air conditioner unit! That thing breaks down every summer and it is a new unit!
Anywho, we've had a pretty eventful summer so far. Brock and I just got back from a trip to my Aunt Malisa's house in Cleveland, Tennessee, she just got an inground swimming pool put in and it is wonderful! We did absolutely nothing but swim and lay around the house. It was the definition of a vacation! I had a blast and so did Brock! He loved swimming in the pool. He is definitely a waterbaby. He would just walk right in and if you didn't catch him he would go straight under and then when you got to him and pulled him out of the water he would just be grinning from ear to ear! It was pretty cute!
My Grandma wore this hat to keep her head from burning and Brock kept taking it off of her and putting it on, he knows that he is pretty funny and enjoyed everybody laughing at him.
He loved these goggles and kept begging me to put them on him! Such a mess.

He was really doing good learning to swim. I think if we would've had one more week there he would have gotten it! When he didn't have his floaties on his arms I would let him go under the water and he would kick himself up to the surface....pretty impressive stuff I thought!


This is Brock's new idol, he's one of my youngest cousins and his name is Max, Brock would run all over the house calling for "Mac" and he did everything Max did, and I mean everything! One night Max was playing with some sunscreen and he threw a bottle behind him and it hit the wall, Brock got off my lap, went across the room grabbed the bottle and did the exact same thing "Mac" did including turning around to throw the bottle. Too Funny! We had a blast and it was really fun visiting with the family I don't ever get to spend time with just them and they are a really special family!


One day while we were in the pool Max somehow got this dragonfly to land on his net. It came back and landed on that net all day long. Then he decided to see if it would land on his hand and the thing actually landed on there! Then the next day we were eating breakfast and talking about going swimming and Max said that he had to hurry and go visit his dragonfly friend. We laughed and told him that we were sure that the bug wasn't going to come back two days in a row and believe it or not the thing came right back to him! He renamed himself the Dragonfly King :) As you can tell we had a lot of fun and next time we are going to take our Daddy with us!


The pictures of the pool are borrowed pics from my cousin Maria because my camera has finally kicked the bucket, hence the death in the Roger house. The last time I got to use it was to take these final shots below.

Joe and I decided to try and take Brock to his very first movie. We took him to see UP and it was a big hit! This is Brock and half of Daddy walking into see the flick.



Waiting in line to get popcorn


This is Brock sitting in the chair waiting for the movie to start! He looked like such a big boy that I even got a little teary-eyed and Joe laughed at me! He actually made it through the whole movie and I was so proud of him!!


I am now 4 months pregnant and I'm ready to find out what I'm having and make sure that everything is okay and that this little baby is healthy and strong. I just can't ever actually relax until I hold the baby in my arms and realize that they made it through the pregnancy! This baby has been kicking like crazy and I love that feeling! Well, I've rambled on for long enough!
I hope that everyone has a GREAT Fourth Of July!!!!!





6 comments:

Janae' said...

KEEP rambling!! I love it! You need to buy a camera and ramble some more.

gigi said...

I loved this post! Thanks for updating us. I took the girls to see UP, they liked it too but it was a little sad. My girls were scared a little of those mean dogs.

We came home from out there and had to call the A/C man the next day. It was the best $265.00 that I've spent all year. It was worth every penny, if you know what I mean??

So glad that you are feeling good and was able to get away for a vacation. I'm excited to find out what you are having.

Daddy's b-day is tomorrow, the 3rd. We are headed that way to do something. Not sure what yet but hopefully it will be fun and in the air-conditioning. It's 99 right now with the heat index of 106* I could throw up but better not we are taking our little girls out for dinner while their daddy goes fishing and their mama has a girls night out. They will spend the night with me and Sandy is staying here tonight too.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July! Love ya.

Clare said...

Holy Moly! It's about time you updated! Looks like you had a great time on vacation! Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope things goes well with your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Jenn, stay cool.
Love ya,
Unk B

Candice said...

Ooh, I can't wait to find out what you'll be having too. I swear, you have the next Michael Phelps - I can't believe kids are swimming at such a young age, too cute!