Monday, July 20, 2009

Its A........

Well, we have some fun news.
I have a friend that works in labor and delivery and she recently told me that anytime that I wanted to come down and take a sneak peek at the baby I was welcome. So we called her on Friday and she told us to come down right after church on Sunday and we could see what sex the baby was.
Well, we were SO excited, in fact, I think that Joe was more excited than I was! We left as soon as I taught my class and headed down. We finally navigate our way around UAMS (that place is huge!) and then we got to look at the little munchkin. It was flipping all around and measured just right with how far along I am (17 weeks and 5 days if anyone was wondering) and then they zoom in on the money shot and wouldn't you know it the little thing had it's legs crossed! We couldn't see a thing. I just wanted to cry!
So, we decided to leave the hospital for a couple of hours and come back to see what we could find out! The second time we went in we had to use another ultrasound machine that wasn't as clear as the first one so the pictures were a little fuzzy but the nurse, my friend, and the doctor who popped her head in all agreed that they saw a little GIRL!! We are very excited.
I already have some clothes from when I was pregnant with Paige so I have a little jump start. I bought a couple of outfits from Dillards and Target but I of course kept the reciepts because I won't get a definite answer until August 10th when I go for my official ultrasound appointment. The lady that does the ultrasounds here in Conway has a 100% rate of telling you what you are having so I guess I will have to just learn to be patient! But, for now we have a Laney Kulia Rogers. We just like Laney and Kulia is Hawaiian for Julie and that was of course my mother's first name. So, here's to hoping that ultrasound was right!!!

11 comments:

Janae' said...

How very very exciting Jen!!

Ingrid said...

Yay! Here's hoping the answer is right! But you make beautiful boys, too. Congratulations, and I love the name Laney Kulia!

Martindale News said...

Oh how exciting! Congratulations and I love the name too!

dannynstephstoddart said...

woo hoo! congrats!

Sarah F. said...

Hooray!! CONGRATS! I love the name Laney....so adorable.

gigi said...

Yae! You know I'm happy!
Love ya.

Our Happy Family said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you! After my family all leave let's go do dinner and celebrate! (that is if your feeling up to it)

Melissa said...

That name is beautiful! Congratulations!
I was wondering why you posted on FB "I know..." on a Sunday. I couldn't believe you could wait that long to tell anyone!

Margie Quilter said...

YaY! I'm so excited for you! I hope to have a little girl (first) someday! If not I'll have to come steal yours...

Clare said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!! Can't wait for the confirmation on the 10th!

Candice said...

You always pick the best names - congrats!!