just a quick blog....if you haven't looked at it yet, check out the link on my blog to a little boy named Ethan Powell....he is about 14 months old and he has been fighting leukemia since he was 2 months old. I personally know his mom from an old job of mine and these people are the sweetest most faithful people I have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with. They are fighting a very big uphill battle and essentially watching their sweet little boy live his last moments here on earth, and through all of these trials their faith has NEVER waivered. Just take a few moments to look at his website and click on his updates and I promise that you will fall in love with this little boy and his amazing ability to fight for his life. He is definitely in my prayers and in my thoughts. I think of his mother Becky in particular every time that Brock wakes me up in the middle of the night and at first I have the thought "Oh would you just go to sleep" but then I quickly think of Becky and how I'm sure she wished her son was home and in his crib and crying for her in the middle of the night instead of being in ICU hooked up to all kinds of machines and not knowing if he will live to see another sunrise. Please take the time to look at his website and say a quick prayer for this family as you kneel to pray tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I tried to make a comment the other day and it wouldn't take. I'll try again, to tell you I went to their blog and viewed it. What courageous parents.
It brought back memories of 49 years ago when our Sissy", Claire Leigh, was born and the first months and then years of her life.
I think of the anxious hours and the stamina we were blessed with when need to carry on. Today it is still traumatic to dwell on.
I do not know how people survive these trials without the power of priesthood blessings and the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Even with all that it was a terrible struggle, for I had not yet gained a firm testimony of "letting go and letting God" be totally in charge.
Since I realized that we must have the faith to say and really mean "Thy will be done", life is easier.
I marvel at the doctors and nurses who day after day, year after year, dedicate their lives to caring for our babies and children. It is my prayer that they will receive a crown in glory.
Hugs n Love,
aint j
Post a Comment