Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2, 2006
I can't believe that it has been two years today that my father passed away. I can remember the exact moment that I found out that he was gone and I remember thinking that I would never be able to get over it. I still don't understand his reasons for choosing to leave this earth, but I do have the peace in my heart just knowing that he loved me like no daddy has ever loved his little girl. He would have given me the moon had I asked for it. The difference that two years has made is that when I think about him I don't think about the day he left us, but rather I think about the funny, crazy, sweet and loving man that he was and always will be. I love him very much and he will always be in my heart. Love you daddy!

5 comments:

Bailey said...

I can't look at Brock without thinking of your dad. He would be so proud of the mom that you are and the love you have for your son.
Love ya
Pam

gigi said...

Jen, I've been thinking about him so much the past few weeks. I was glad to read your post today. We loved him so much and he spent so much time living with us that he was more than our uncle, more like and older brother. I remember that he made so many of our birthday cakes. He could always make us laugh. I know how much he loved you and Tim and how crazy he would be about baby Brock. He would be the typical obnoxious, picture totin Papa.
I miss him.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Seems much longer than two years and just like yesterday.

What cherished memories we have and I do cherish them. Thank goodness for photographs and greeting cards. I have many of both of and from my sweet brother Don. Every child should be so blessed to have a father and moher like yours.

Of all my five brothers, I know which one was the favorite of me and of my children.

Love & Hugs,
aint j

Melissa said...

Your Dad was awesome. I have some great memories of him and his smile!

Clare said...

I've been thinking of him as well recently. And while he wasn't MY dad, he was there like one for me. I truly miss him and your mom, and wish I would have stayed in better contact. It's just not the same going to church here and not seeing your dad. I hope that when we get back to L.R., we can stay in much better contact! Love you!