Friday, March 18, 2011

just some thoughts

I haven't written a blog in quite awhile so I thought I would type a little up while the kiddos are taking a nap. This weather has been beautiful! I absolutely love this time of year with the windows open and the kiddos playing outside all day long it is just wonderful! I was reading back to some of my older post, I really enjoy how this blog is like a journal for me to remember all the important times in my life whether they be good or bad. In a couple of weeks it will mark the anniversary of my Dad's passing. It will be five years. Wow I just can't believe that it has been 5 years since I've heard his voice, seen his smiling face or have had one of his hugs. I miss him terribly. The other day we were looking at some pictures and I asked Brock who he thought this pic of my dad was and he said....hmmmm....I don't know. It just makes me so sad that he truly doesn't know my dad, I feel like my kids were shorted in a way by not having my mom and dad in their lives. I just try to make up for it by being a good mom all though I fall short most days! I have made a new goal for myself and I feel like maybe if I write it down I will be held more accountable to myself to follow through with it, I have started to read my scriptures again. I feel like with my calling I am running around on Sundays and don't get many spiritual moments so I have felt like I am lacking a bit spiritually and I don't like letting Satan get his foot in the door! I feel like when I start my day out on the right foot it helps me be a better mom and wife.
I have been doing a lot of baking lately and sure do love it! I made homemade cinnamon rolls last night and they were so good that was all I ate for dinner! I made Joe take the rest of them to work with him so that they weren't here to tempt me! I was watching a show the other day called too fat for 15 and it was just so sad the kids on the show were so obese that I feel like their parents should be locked up for child endangerment! But the nutritionist on the show said something that hit home, she said that these children were so used to eating fast food and already prepared foods that they didn't know what to do with food that was prepared and took time and love to make, so that has been something I have been working on, I have been trying to make a lot more dinners and to be home around dinner time in order to cook for my kiddos and I have enjoyed it! Well, I've rambled enough for one post and I hope that everyone has a great weekend and enjoys this wonderful spring weather!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure that's hard. I'm pretty sure my kids will never know my dad either. He just doesn't seem to care at all. Great goals! We use the blog as a journal too. I admire how open you are on yours!

gigi said...

I miss your dad. I was thinking about him a lot last week. I could hear his laugh. I've been hearing Sissy's laugh a lot lately too. Funny the things you remember.
Great blog post. We have been working on some of the same things around here. Eating healthier and cooking more.
Love you.

Margie Quilter said...

Jen, I love you! You write so well. I'm positive you're an amazing mother and role model!

Margie Quilter said...

Oh I posted an ultrasound picture of my baby... describing his gender :) if you wanted to see :)