Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Newest Renovation

Joe and I decided that we were ready to tackle the dreaded 70's orange kitchen, this project needed to be done when we moved in but we weren't ready to sink thousands of dollars into a house that we wouldn't end up making money on in the long run, we had some bad winter weather lately and Joe wasn't able to work for about two weeks straight and he needed a projects or two, he painted our foyer and hall a light tan color and then we decided to do the kitchen, I love how it turned out!

Here are the awful orange counters and backsplash and the white cabinets.






We started by painting the countertops with a special paint,




Then we put in a gold/silvery backsplash(this is my favorite part of the new kitchen)
We weren't going to paint the cabinets but after the counters and backsplash were done we decided that we had to just do the whole thing, so we picked out a brown that we thought would go well and finished it off.




Here is the completely finished project! I couldn't be happier with it! Pictures don't do it justice! And the best part is we probably only spent $400 on the entire thing!

































I sure am glad I married such a handyman! He is amazing!!

12 comments:

dannynstephstoddart said...

That looks great!! Good job!!

Sarah F. said...

That looks amazing! You did a fabulous job!

Martindale News said...

Wow what a transformation. Looks great Jen and Joe!

Adrianna F. said...

WOW! It looks great! :D

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful. What type of paint did you use for the counter tops and where did you purchase it? That's what I need to paint over my counter tops.

jennifer rogers said...

lisa, i'm not sure what it was called but I bought it at home depot and they kept it with the spray paint and things like that, I just asked someone where the paint was to paint countertops and they took me right to it, it cost $20 for a small can and that was plenty to paint our counters and we have a pretty big kitchen, i already know that it won't last forever but it's good for now!

Clare said...

it looks fantastic! can't wait to come see in person!

Amy said...

very nice. Looks wonderful!

Michelle McKinley said...

Oh, Jennifer, I love your kitchen!! Great job. That backsplash is awesome!

You are such a cute mom and your children are so gorgeous. Your parents would be so proud (and I know they are!)

Our Happy Family said...

Love the new look!

Unknown said...

Looks so great!!! Gotta love the price too! It's always nice to have access to a handy man!

janice padgett crenshaw said...

Whoa! That is an awesome transformation!!! You really are blessed to have mate who can do all the things that Joe can do to keep home and hearth so beautiful.