Saturday, January 15, 2011

Brock's Traumatic Morning
















I'm not sure what is up with the way these pictures loaded to the side but anywho, on with the story. I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and Brock was playing in the kitchen, the next thing I know one of the dogs is fighting and growling at what I thought was one of the other dogs, but it turned out to be Brock. I freaked out and called Joe at work, he rushed home and we took Brock to the ER, he then had to be held down by THREE nurses and myself while the doc put four stitches in his little head. It was just pitiful to watch my baby and having him call out to me and not be able to do anything but reassure him that it would all be over soon. We took him for ice cream afterwards and let him get all the toppings that he wanted, then we let him get a happy meal for lunch and he seemed to perk right up. After his nap his eye was almost swollen shut and he just kept repeating, "something's wrong with me" bless his little heart! I'm just thankful that it wasn't any lower or it could have been his eyeball instead of his eyebrow! We are currently looking for a new home for our Bruiser, if anyone knows of anyone that might like a boxer just let us know!

2 comments:

Thompson Family said...

That is so sad :( I feel for you Jen. One time when Jordan was 2 he was pretending to be buzz light year and "flew" down our staircase banister and ended up with stitches and I had to help hold him down too and he just cried and cried for me and it is horrible! When I read this just now my heart just ached for you! I hated that feeling :( I hope you can find a home for Bruiser soon. I feel bad for you having to lose your dog too but better to be safe than sorry. Sorry to "blog" my comment. Ooops :/

Ann said...

When our son was 2, he needed stitches in his lip. The dr. ordered us out of the room so Jeremiah wouldn't know we were a part of it. That dr. was very smart even though we could hear him from the next room calling "Daddy, daddy" and it broke our hearts.