Monday, August 10, 2009

Second Cousins, Wild River Country, and Brock's Big Boy Room!

These are Brock's second cousins on his Daddy's side, Makenna is the older one and the younger one is Haley and their mommy is pregnant with their third! They are busy people! They live in New York and come down to visit during the summer while their daddy roofs with Joe. Brock and Makenna are the best of buds and it was nice to have a little one Brock's age for him to play with! This is my goofy son at Wild River Country, I've taken him twice this year and he has so much fun! He absolutely loves the wave pool and the lazy river. The whole time he's in the lazy river he says, "I swimmin'!" It's too cute!
Here he is on the little duck slide in the kiddie area. It's a lot of fun and a great place to cool down in the summer heat!


Joe took all day Saturday and painted Brock's new big boy room! I am very proud of my hubby and the good craftmanship that he did in the room! He put up the trim and everything all by himself! The room was a girly purple color and we decided to coordinate the room with Brock's new airplane bedding for his big boy bed. I picked out the paint and Joe did the rest. The pictures just don't do his work justice, it turned out very pretty!




This is Brock's new big boy bed and he loves it! He hasn't actually slept in it yet but he does snuggle in it and watch a movie on the portable dvd player every once in a while and he jumps like crazy on it! We figure we have at least 5 or 6 months before we have to make him sleep in it, so we are just taking our time.
Well, we get to go and take an official look at the little peanut today. I'm excited to go to just make sure that she is still a girl and also that everything is growing and developing like it should. I don't have any nagging feelings that this baby won't be okay but you just never know. The one thing that I do know is that she/he loves to kick and is a very active baby so I guess that's got to be a good sign, right???!!! Hope everyone has a good week!





9 comments:

gigi said...

Loved all this post! Way cute new room for Brock! Give us an email this afternoon when you get home from the Doc. Love ya,
gigi

Veda said...

The room looks so cute. Think Joe would help us!

Our Happy Family said...

Joe did a really good job!!! I can't wait to hear how your appointment went. :)

Melissa said...

It looks great!

Bailey said...

His room looks awesome!! Love the two-tone blue, super cute! Brock is so dang cute.

Amy and Jacob said...

Jen brock's room is so cute! I love the giraffe that's probably my favorite part. I hope all went with with your appointment. Sometimes I forget your pregnant cause your not showing at all. :-) I hope it's def a girl b/c everyone needs a boy and a girl! :-)

Clare said...

The room is so cute! Joe did a fantastic job! Does he contract out :)

Eliza said...

The room looks great! How long is this Wild River Country place open? We might need to go to that!!

Candice said...

Joe is amazing - that looks wonderful!