Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Mother's Love

A lady read this to us in Relief Society about a week ago and I got my hands on a copy and thought I would share....

A Mother's Love
Author unknown
Long, long ago, so I've been told
Two angels met once on the streets paved with gold.
"By the stars in your crown," said one to the other,
"I can see that on earth you too were a mother.
And by the blue tinted halo you wear
You too have known sorrow and despair."
"Ah yes," she replied, "I once had a son.
A sweet little lad full of laughter and fun.
But tell me of your child."
"Oh, I knew I was blessed from the moment I first
Held him close to my breast,
And my heart almost burst with the joy of the day."
"Ah yes," said the other, "I felt the same way."
The former continued--
"The first step he took so eager and breathless--
The sweet startled look which came over his face--
He trusted me so." "Ah yes," sighed the other,
"How well I do know."
"But soon he had grown to a tall, handsome boy
So stalwart and kind and it gave me
Such joy to have him just walk down the street by my side."
"Ah yes," said the other, "I felt the same pride."
"How often I shielded and spared him from pain
And then he for others was so cruelly slain,
When they crucified him and they spat in his face,
How gladly would I have hung there in his place."
A moment of silence--
"Oh, then you are she, the mother of Christ."
And she fell on one knee.
But the Blessed One raised her up, drawing her near,
And kissed from the cheek of the woman one tear.
"Tell me the name of your son and your woe."
She lifted her eyes, looking straight at the other,
"He was Judas Iscariot, I am his mother......."

1 comments:

gigi said...

Well, that is the first time I have ever seen that. Gives you a different prespective on things doesn't it? Thanks, I needed that.

I think that we will be there late on Saturday the 11th. Go to church with you the next day and hang out after for a while, maybe take you to lunch or something?? We check into Branson the next day so we will leave Monday morning. Will yall be in town then? I'mm looking forward to leaving town and having a little vacation. Talk to you soon.
love ya.