Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An Unexpected Day Off

I'm supposed to be babysitting today but instead I'm nursing a sick little boy back to health. I got a call yesterday afternoon from the Maddy's mom and she informed me that Maddy had strep throat. After the day that Brock and I had yesterday I decided to take him to the after hours clinic and sure enough he has strept too! We don't know where it came from we just know that they both have it! Yesterday Brock was a bit difficult! He usually goes right down for his nap but after almost two hours he was still awake, but fussy and very tired! He finally fell asleep on my bed, I snuck out and fifteen minutes later I hear "mama" followed by pitiful crying, so I go back to my room, pick him up, and laid him on the couch with soft blankies and a pillow and he fell fast asleep for almost 3 hours. I finally woke him up for fear of being up to midnight(again!). I quickly decided that that was a big mistake! He was very very grumpy so I tried to fit him in at the doctor's office but they were too busy so we just went over to the after hours clinic. Two hours later-ugh- he was diagnosed with Strep. He has had two doses of meds and he is a different child! I am SO ready for winter to be over so we don't get any more illnesses!
This was Brock on the couch, he never covers his head like this! Too Funny...
I just love this little picture of him.....He is growing up so quick!
Brock is really into shoes lately and much to his daddy's unhappiness he has been trying on my sandals, so the other night I had to snap a picture of him with his daddy's shoes on. He was very proud of himself!


We are going to make the most out of our unexpected day off, with lots of lounging around and tv watching, heck we might not even make it to the showers today......


8 comments:

Jen T. said...

Poor little lamb...That stinks that he is sick. I'm glad he is feeling better. He is getting so big and handsome. Him and Maggie will be fast friends every morning the first thing she does is goes and gets her shoes and then brings them to me saying, "shhhhhh, shhhhhhh." Pretty entertaining!

gigi said...

Sorry to hear your little man is sick again. It just seems to be going around. Christon called this morning to say Shelby threw up all night and I have the girls today, yea! She missed all week last week of school because she had the flu. Rea keeps a runny nose. WE NEED SPRING!!!!!!!! Get well baby Brock!

Love you new background paper.

The Long's Journey said...

Poor Brock! I hope he gets better.

Margie Quilter said...

Jen, he looks exactly like you!!! HAHAHAH SOOOO CUTE! I miss you Jen! I wish everyone lived closer so we could all hang out!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the little man has been sick, hope he is better by now. I just love Brock, wish I could be around him more to see him grow up.

Love,
Uncle Billy

lindsee said...

sorry he wasnt doing so good. I hope he is better. We need to have a game night now that things are settling down. You and Joe need to come and hang out with us!

Anonymous said...

Get well Baby Brock. Hope your mom & dad can hang in there. He is so stinkin' precious!! love yall, Carla

Candice said...

Oh that stinks to be sick - I'm sorry! The laying around is a nice thing though that really helps - so hopefully that was good. Is that your brother Tim on the side?! I can't believe it!