Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Fun Valentine's Weekend

We had a nice Valentine weekend, it started out with Brock spending Friday night with his Grandma Colleen. Joe and I decided to go to the movies and out to eat at a nice restaurant. We left Conway at about 5:30 and went to eat at the Butcher Shop, we figured that since it was the night before Valentine's Day that people would've stayed home and went out on Saturday night.....we couldn't have been more wrong! The Butcher Shop had an hour wait at 6:15! So, then we went over to P.F. Changs and they had an hour wait too, we decided to go to the movies first and let the crowds die down at the restaurants, we saw Gran Tourino. It was an excellent movie but not for the easily offended :) After the movie we went back to the Butcher Shop and had very yummy steak dinners. It was definitely worth the wait! On Saturday we decided to have a family Valentine outing and we took Brock to the zoo. We had a lot of fun and Brock loved walking and not being in the stroller the whole time. I can't remember what animal's cage we were at but I do know that Brock was trying to throw his yogurt bites into the cage and making kissy noises.....that's what he does to the dogs at home.....it was pretty cute!
I believe that the zoo is out to rip you off! It was like we were at a theme park! It cost us $20 bucks to get in and then on top of that we had to pay another $6 to ride the train, I just knew that Brock would love the train but he could've cared less!

The chimps were a hoot! Their was a baby chimp that was harrassing the oldest chimp and they were chasing each other and drawing quite the crowd. Then this older chimp sat down in front of us and started waving and pulling branches off of the ground and trying to give them to us, it was pretty funny! We stayed at the chimps for about 20 minutes!



Joe and Brock looking at the chimps.


We walked around the zoo for over 2 hours and my feet were killing me! Joe had to see every single animal in the whole zoo! We then went over to ToysRUs and bought Brock his very own broom. Whenever I sweep he goes and gets the mop and proceeds to run it through my piles of dirt so hopefully this will be more fun for both of us! We were just too tired to cook when we got home(and by "we" I mean me) so we ordered pizza. I ordered the special heart shaped pizzas. They were pretty cute. All in all it was a great weekend and we had lots of fun as family!





7 comments:

gigi said...

Sounds as if yall did have a great weekend! Ours was very quiet except the Zoo on Friday, which was a blast! Gotta love the Zoo and children, they just go together. I bought a yearly pass, I just need to go back soon. :)

Our Happy Family said...

Sounds like you all had a good Valentines weekend.
We figured all the restaurants would be packed on Friday and Saturday night, so we went Saturday for lunch to Market Place. Our wait was only 5 minutes, so we decided that next year were going for lunch again.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! We went out Thursday night as well and did the family thing on friday haha . . . great minds think alike :)

lindsee said...

It sounds like you had a great valentines! we went out saturday but charltons put our name on the list so we only waited 20 min.

Candice said...

Now I want to go to the zoo, that chimp is adorable! The pizza is really cute too, glad you had a nice weekend with your fam!

Pam said...

Jennifer: I don't believe I've ever commented on your blog before but thought you should know that I do enjoy reading it and keeping up with you. You're a good a writer and you capture moments so well.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you guys had fun. I'm sure it's nice to do things without 1,2, 3 or 4 extra kiddos hanging off of your legs. ;)You are so great. Enjoy that angel. And, thanks for my background, Jennifer.

Tane