Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Brock is five years old!!!

I cannot believe that Brock is five years old already!!  I am just so proud to be his mom, he is a fun and funny kid to have around.  He is a great big brother and alot of help around the house!  For his fifth birthday he wanted to rent a bounce house. The weather has been beautiful lately so I figured that would make for a super easy birthday party for me, so I booked the bounce house.  Well, two days before the party the weather predicted that it would be cold and rainy on the day of the party so we had to cancel the bounce house, scramble for some fun games for the kids to play(thank you pinterest) and go and buy the stuff for the games.  We ended up playing a fun balloon dare game and bobbing for apples.  Brock loved it and it seemed like his friends did too!

 This year he opted for a green lantern birthday cake and he insisted on having cake pops for him and his friends.  Well, after researching how to make cake pops I decided that I was in no way organized enough to spend days(yes days!) making cake pops so we talked Joe's mom into buying cake pops for the kiddos and I bought a cake from Kroger. I'm not sure if I just haven't had cake in so long or if the cake was just that good, but I sure enjoyed my slice!  I am pretty sure that Brock picked this cake out just because it's green and not because it's green lantern.  All in all we had a great day and again I can't believe my little boy is a five year old!!  Happy Birthday big man!

1 comments:

Clare said...

Happy Birthday, Brock! You're such a funny five year old and we love to hear what you're going to say next :)