Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Grandmother

Brock and his Great-Grandma when he was 8 months old Anna with her Great-Grandma on her blessing day


My Grandma Coelho was a wonderful woman. She lived a long, full life. I am so proud to say that she was my Grandmother. She was 75 years old when Heavenly Father took her home. She is without a doubt with her soulmate that has been patiently waiting for her to be with him. I will miss her dearly, she has taught me so much and when my mother passed away she stepped right in and filled her shoes and my aching heart all in one. I am so thankful that my children were able to meet her, even if it was for a brief time. She loved my children as much as I do and I am going to miss my long talks with her during naptimes. I would call her and tell her all the silly things that Brock had done that day and we would just laugh and laugh. She was such a wonderful example of how a strong Latter Day Saint woman should be, she taught me to love the stories of the Bible and to turn to the Lord in times of trial and strife. I could always count on her making me go and bear my testimony with her if I was sitting by her on Fast and Testimony Sunday and I will always remember going to the temple with her and just appreciating her love for the Lord. She will be dearly missed by so many, especially her family. I am so proud to call her my Grandmother. I am closing this post with her favorite, and very fitting poem.
I'm Free
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day.
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I've savored much.
Good friends, good times,
A loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee,
God wanted me now; He set me free.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what an inspiring woman and poem. May her legacy live on in you.

gigi said...

I was so sad when I heard that she had passed to the other isde. My heart hurts for you loss. I know just how special she was to you and so many others. Hugs.
Love you.

The Beaumonts said...

jenn! i love you and you have been in our thoughts and prayers! you know you can call anytime! Your grandma was amazing and my life is better because of her! i love you guys!