I had a little baby shower last night thrown by a couple of close friends, it was a lot of fun and I got my Sit N Stand Stroller that I've been eyeing for forever! Baby Anna's room is all set up, all of her clothes are washed, she's got plenty of diapers and wipes, gas drops, and anything else she might need, now all we have to do is sit and patiently wait for her arrival! I'm so ready I just can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her big brother Brock! I know that he is sensing change because he is very snuggly these days and he always wants me to hold him and put him on my lap (what little lap I have left!).
My belly is SO big, I feel like a freakshow when I go out in public! I actually had an older lady in the grocery store loudly exclaim that she felt so sorry for me that I looked that miserable, I was actually having a good day until she felt the need to point out just how big I am! I was big and swollen all over with Brock so it wasn't that bad, with this baby I'm all belly and I'm not sure which one I prefer but I do know that I am SO ready for her to get here I can hardly stand it!
I'm waddling and starting to swell so those have got to good signs of things to come(shortly I hope!)
At my shower last night my friend gave out this poem as party favors and I loved it so much I thought I would share:
Friday, December 4, 2009
We are really ready!!!
Day Old Child
My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish, I wish that you could understand and hear;
I've a hundred wonderful things to say.
(a tiny cough and a nod),
Hurry , hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of light passed through his eyes, and I saw this thought appear;
"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say before I forget I'd tell you of God-
for I left Him yesterday."
I just loved this poem and I thought how true the words truly are, the veil is so thin when a baby comes into this world, I just wish they could tell us all of their little thoughts in their pure and innocent little minds, I just hope that I can do right by these sweet spirits that the Lord has allowed to come into my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I love that poem. Thank you for sharing!
Dang! I just mailed your box today! If I had been a little faster I could have sent it for the shower, ugh. Any way, I sent it priority so it should be there the first of the week!
Love ya lots!
That's a sweet poem.
Oh my goodness, I've been so bad at keeping up - can't believe you've got a week and a half left - yay! Can't wait for pictures, all the best!!
Dear "little" niecie,
You are in our prayers every single day. We pray all goes well. Wish they'd take you early. - what, just 4 days now? I can just imagine how ready you are to get it over with and hold prcious Anna in your arms. What a wonderful Christmas gift.
Love & Prayers Always,
unk b & aint j
Post a Comment