Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is It Nice.....

I was with some friends last night and I just mentioned to them that I was really trying not to gossip about people. I just sometimes speak without thinking and my friend Monica mentioned that at her work she has a piece of paper with the simple statements, "Is it True, Is it Necessary, Is it Nice?" She said that if she can't answer those three questions then she doesn't need to say what she was about to say. So that is my challenge to myself to ask myself those three simple questions before I decide to open my mouth.

Is it True?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Nice?

So, if ya'll call me on the phone and I'm unsually quiet it's because what I want to say doesn't qualify with those three questions!

Only 5 more weeks! Man oh Man I'm ready for this baby to get here!

3 comments:

The Long's Journey said...

I need to ask myself those questions, as well, before opening my pie hole!!! Not long and that angel will be here, keep smiling!! Miss you guys!

Martindale News said...

Good advice! Thanks for the reminder

Anonymous said...

That's great!

I have one that has to do with my shopping addiction:
"Do you need it? Can you live without it?" And the answer the majority of the time is, why yes, I can live without it.


-Clare