Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Toothpaste, Chubby Babies, Memphis Zoo,and an Unexpected Blessing

Anna is now three months old! She is growing like a little weed and we just love her to pieces and now I can finally say that Brock loves her that much too! He gives her kisses and when we are getting ready to go anywhere he always asks if we are going to bring "Baby Anna" with us, too sweet! Man, this girl is chubby! I love those little rolls and big pot belly!
So, we are now passy free! That's right I bit the bullet and we threw the pacifiers away, actually Brock threw them away after I cut the tips of them off and he didn't like it, it's been a week and a day and he hasn't asked for it in about 5 days, I would definitely call that success! Although now that he doesn't have a pacifier naptime has become playtime and the other day I thought that he was snoozing away in his room, I went to check on him and this is what I found! He had covered my entire room, walls, windows, bedspread, pillows, pictures with blue gel toothpaste! I walked in and all I could say was "Oh" and he turned around and said "I'm painting!" He was so proud of himself that I couldn't get onto him, later on in the day I talked to him about it and asked him what he did with my toothpaste and he sweetly responded, "I make a big mess" and I then told him that we don't do that and he said, "Mommy cleaned it all up!" Oh I couldn't get mad at him with that sweet innocence! He had no idea he did anything wrong, gotta love two year olds!



The pictures just don't do the amount of toothpaste justice, I could smell toothpaste all the way down the hall and in my room for the next two days! Also, my bed was made and no I don't keep my blinds like that, that was also done by my new bedroom decorator Brock.




He has been wanting to take toys with him everywhere we go and this is what he decided to take the other day, three tennis balls and his milk, don't ask me!




We were in Memphis about a week ago and I took Brock and his cousin Max to the Memphis Zoo along with some of our other family, we had a blast that zoo is much better than the Little Rock Zoo by a long shot!



These polar bears were just beautiful to watch swimming, they looked like they were floating in across the water!











Brock thought it was pretty cool!








Brock, Iwalani, Kawika, and Max looking at some fish.










I think they look so cute squished in this little picture hole!












I got a really big suprise while I was in Memphis and I just can't believe how blessed I am. My mom and dad are buried in Millington next to my cousin who passed away when he was 16. My mother and father have no headstones on their graves because of two reasons, one was the cost of them and second is because it is such a finality that they aren't here anymore. I've been thinking that I have been ready to purchase them but just didn't have the money for them. Well, a while ago, through Facebook, I reconnected with an Elder that served in Arkansas when I was just a little girl, he spoke at my father's funeral and we kind of lost touch after the funeral, anyways he sent out an email to a whole bunch of former missionaries from back in the day and they all pitched in and raised more than enough money for us to purchase the headstones. I am just beyond excited and humbled that so many people loved my parents as much as I did to help us pitch in and pay for their headstones, they will never know how they have touched my life. I went with my Aunt Malisa and we picked out the headstones, we were able to get vases on each headstone and on my mom's above her name we put "Until We Meet Again" and on my dad's above his name we put "To Know Him Was To Love Him. They will be in around April 21st and we are going to have a little memorial service the day that they are finally put in, it's a bittersweet thing because I'm so grateful for the thoughfulness of people who loved my parents as much as I did but on the other hand I would just love to be taking my children to visit their grandparents and not a slab of concrete, but I just have to remember how many blessings that I do have and not to dwell on what I don't!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow Anna is so cute! I just want to squeeze those little rolls!:) And Brock sounds like my little Maggie Pie! Gotta love 2 year olds and how their minds work. David went into the kitchen a few days ago and found Maggie in there with a pot out on the stove with an onion in it! I guess she was hungry and knew her daddy wouldn't be any help!
That is so neat about your parents headstones. It made me cry to think of your parents and how amazing they were. What an amazing blessing for your family!

Unknown said...

Brock looks so old! I can't believe how chubby Anna is, she is so cute! That is an awesome thing the old missionaries did. Your parents were so awesome. i miss them too!

Connie said...

Jennifer,
Very touching post. Cute kids.

Congratulations! You're a winner on my blog. Come and check it out and email me your address.

langfam10@yahoo.com

Georgia said...

What a precious gift for your parents. I am so happy for you. Brock is getting so big and I want to know how you got Anna so chubbs!! I need to fatten Hollis up big time!!!

jan crenshaw said...

Soooo many topics in one blog -- Love it!!! Don't know if I'll comment on all but enjoyed every bit.
Thanks goodness toothpaste is rather easy to clean up and -- cleans also(o;)

Those babies are sooo big. When I get in the stores and find items for 50% off plus 15 % for using charge card I sometimes can't resist sooo I found a couple of things for Anna Kulia & found something at Walmart for Brock buuuut I don't think they will fit now that I look at the photos of the babies. Aaaand when I got home I noticed the little outfits for Anna K need some ironing (no wonder the were marked down so much!). Oh Well, If I get them mailed and they don't fit or you don't want to iron play clothes, give them for a birthday gift or something. You can take Brock's things to Walmart & exchange for larger. Hope I get them off this week when I mail Jill's b'day stuff. The thoughts n love are there anyway.

I'm so happy you are enjoying your babies, they are the greatest blessing in the whole wide world. And the greatest responsibility too. -- reminds me of 'where much is given -- much is expected' (o;)

Wish we could be there for Don & Julie's memory day -- hope you take lots of pictures and put them in here and email loads to us.

Hope y'all are planning to come south some time soon. If I knew when we'd have a Padgett Valentine reunion with loads of cousins and kin and if Tim & Pricilla could come too that would be heaven just need to plan a little and make it fit in with other vacations - so as many as could wouold be able to make it. I need lots of time for plqnning t my young age.

Boyu am I on a roll!!! Love you bunches aint j